On another note - I love having the kids home from school (sleeping in is the best!). There is something in the air and we try to take advantage of every second. We are fortune enough to have a white Christmas this year - the kids love playing in the snow! Are these just not the cutest faces you have ever seen???
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
This is the Life...
I LOVE Christmas! The best time of the year by far!!! Yet, I remember the Christmas after we lost Adilyn. I was still having a rough time and didn't feel in the "spirit" of Christmas. It seemed every time I turned on the radio Donny Osmond was singing, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". I wanted to rip it from the dash and throw it out the window. There was something about that song in particular that bugged me - grinded me to the bone. I thought, "What does Donny know? He's an idiot!" I didn't feel like anything was worth celebrating and was deeply disturbed that everyone around me was happy. It wasn't until my birthday (the 23rd) of that year when I sat back and watched my kids play (Taylor and Ethan were the best of friends) that something inside of me changed. I suddenly felt the magic again. I looked at what I had around me and decided I should be grateful (even though I didn't feel like it)....especially grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who sent his Son so I could experience the ups and downs of life. Feeling the UP after such a DOWN was exhilarating! What a reason to celebrate! I still get a kick out of that Donny Osmond song whenever I hear it - brings back lots of memories and reminds me once again, that it IS the most wonderful time of year!
On another note - I love having the kids home from school (sleeping in is the best!). There is something in the air and we try to take advantage of every second. We are fortune enough to have a white Christmas this year - the kids love playing in the snow! Are these just not the cutest faces you have ever seen???
My no hat girl:

On another note - I love having the kids home from school (sleeping in is the best!). There is something in the air and we try to take advantage of every second. We are fortune enough to have a white Christmas this year - the kids love playing in the snow! Are these just not the cutest faces you have ever seen???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tears...smiles...jealousy!!! I love how you cherish the memories and feelings and hope of a future with your little one that's now in Heaven. So healthy and so real.
As for that giant icicle...WOW!!! My kids would be stoked!
I remember that Christmas too. Thanks for all the wonderful memories and good times in Cedar Hills. We will always miss you! Thanks for signing up to view Zach's blog-he is very excited about it.
I am afraid to show him your blog because he will see the turtle and be jealous. He wanted a turtle a while ago. All he wanted from Santa this year was a "real dog and a real house" that was interesting how we dealt with that
love ya more later
Thanks for sharing that story. It really touched my heart. PS I've always admired how you have dealt with losing Addy...celebrating and honoring her. You're a great example to me of making the most of trials.
Post a Comment