Mother's Day was awesome this year. Let me start by saying my husband always has good intentions, but these kinds of holidays just aren't his thing. This along with Valentines Day just aren't his cup of tea. Normally I get a last minute card from the kids and a kiss on the cheek, which is better than nothing...I've learned to not have any expectations! I think it started back in our too-poor-for-presents college days and it has stuck through the years. So, I have to blog about this because it could be my one and only!
On Saturday I got flowers....can't remember the last time that's happened. (That's mostly my fault, I think they're a waste of money.) But regardless, they were nice and brightened my day!

On Sunday he let me sleep in. Which would have been nice, but we have 9am church. Then to top it off, he helped the kids make me breakfast and served me in bed. This was a first, so all the kids wanted to join me in bed. They helped eat my VERY well done french toast, bacon and eggs. After church Ethan sent me on a scavenger hunt for my presents. They got me a horn for my bike, a license plate for my bike that says, "2 fast 4U" and some caramel/chocolate. Then they said I get to go pick out a triathlon suit!!! Sweet! I laughed so hard at my presents - and the kids loved seeing my reaction! That horn is so loud it will scare people a mile away! They keep asking when I am going to put it on....maybe I should share it and let everyone have a turn with it on their bikes?!

Thanks, Moody for a wonderful day! Now this means I actually have to do something for Fathers Day....shoot! :)
Also, Happy Mothers Day to 2 wonderful mothers who each raised 8 children and somehow survived...love you both!

6 comments:
Love it!!! Are you doing a triathalon really?????
Aw, good job Chris! That horn cracks me up! Honk - honk - out of my way!!!
Maybe you should bike behind me and keep honking at me to get me to kick into gear!
THAT is funny! I think you should have used that horn to honk at the servants to bring lunch and dinner in bed too. HONK!!!
And seriously...a triathon!?!?!?
Don't get too excited - it's just a half triathlon. 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. And yes, it will kill me!
That's so awesome that your doing any kind of triathlon...AMAZING!
The daisies are beautiful! Dustin's good about presents, but flowers are an extreme rarity for me too. I'd admit they are a waste money, but it's quite a thrill to get them nonetheless.
Thank you for the tribute. You are hilarious and have a wonderful life.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment