Thursday, March 6, 2014

I Can See the Light

We have had a great day! We waited all morning waiting to be taken back to radiology. Kaden had been fasting since midnight. We passed time by making it to the couch!
Look at that face! Someone's proud of himself!
Then we hopped in the wheelchair and went to the play room. I told Kaden he could play the xbox if he beat me in a game of chess! Guess who won?
When we got back to our room our roommate had been transferred to Rehab. This note and gift card were left on our table:
"Hope this helps after the past few long nights. Wishing you and your son the best. -Edwards family" (Their son wakes up every hour all night long)

My heart sank! Suddenly this "noisy" room was all too quiet!


I repented quickly for all my murmuring and made a promise to myself to be a better roommate!

Kaden finally went to get his foley out at 1pm. All went well and the stent stayed in place. He did NOT like having that done, but he feels better now that it's out....and he got to eat!

9 PM UPDATE:
Kaden continues to feel better and better. His pain meds sure make him loopy. Some of the things he says/does is hilarious! Tonight while on our way to the bathroom, he was talking to the fish that's inlayed on the floor and tried to grab the "fish food" (container of sanitizing wipes) for the poor hungry fishie. 

Later he was admiring his incisions calling them his new friends. He's especially attached to his belly button incision :) Looking at his belly button he said, "Look at what they did to you, you beautiful thing!"

Tonight he just wanted some snuggles. When he's not feeling well (especially when he has the foley in) he doesn't want to be touched or want anyone/thing is his personal space. So I was thrilled he was feeling good enough for some loves! Such a mamma's boy and I love it!


2 comments:

Lori Moody said...

Yeah!!!!! Glad Kaden is feeling good...and that he got to eat finally! Love you both!

pwoodbury said...

Oh my Kaden, I'm glad you finally get to eat! To feel sick AND be hungry must be very hard but I know you are a very strong guy. It's so good to see that huge Kaden smile again!