Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Babies

A conversation I witnessed in the car tonight amongst my children:

Ethan: Emma, when are you going to learn how to ride a bike?
Emma: What? I will fall - maybe when I'm 10.
Ethan: What? If you wait until you're 10, people will call you a baby.
Emma: I'm not a baby.
Ethan: I'm not calling you a baby, I'm just saying people will call you a baby if you wait until you're 10.
Emma: Well, you're a baby.
Ethan: I'm not a baby.
Taylor: Relax, Emma. You're not a baby.
Emma: You're all babies!
Kaden: MEEEE baby!
Emma: No! You're not a baby, Kaden!
Kaden: Yeah, Emma! MEEEE baby!
Emma: Everyone is giving me a headache. (cry, sob, pout)
Kaden: MEEE baby, MEEE baby! (cry, sob, scream)

I could have stopped that conversation earlier, but I wanted to see how long they would drag it on. If Taylor wouldn't have gotten out of the car for dance, I'm sure it would have continued. Why can't I be the baby?

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I love listening to kids having conversations. This one is funny. I love Emma, "everyone is giving me a headache".

April said...

That was hilarious! I love it!
I loved your marker faces, too! You've got to love 2 year old boys! Windex is my best friend when it comes to getting stains out of my carpet- you could give it a gander if you get desperate!

Christensen family said...

Out of the mouth of babes for sure! So cute! Love your blog. Your kids are absolutely darling!

Alanna said...

Love it!