Friday, January 16, 2009

Attempt #2

Here we are....a year later. And once again, T and E are trying basketball. And once again, their stories are different....but I must say, better than last year. Ethan still doesn't exactly "enjoy" basketball, but is at least attempting to make the best of it. He actually tried to make a shot in his first game on Saturday!!! It was a HUGE step for him, and a proud parenting moment for me! sniff sniff! LOL!

It's so funny that in all of his pictures he has this "lips pressed together in deep concentration" look.

Taylor's team this year is awesome. She is getting better and better - it's so fun to watch. Her team scored over 70 points at their game. It got to the point where we felt sorry for the other team! Yes, I've been on the other side too many times, so I can sympathize.

I didn't get a chance to video any of Ethan's game. I'll do that this week at his next game. Here's a 2 second clip of Taylor taking a shot, that she was fouled on! (She's #2)

I get so excited at the games. I cheer/shout/scream as loud as I can. Chris gets so embarrassed. I don't yell at them and tell them what to do, I just want them to know that someone is there watching and supporting them. I didn't always have someone at my sporting events so I want them to feel they have a cheering section. Ethan was so funny - he kept looking over at me with a little side grin on his face....mission accomplished!

Good job kids on your first game!

2 comments:

Summers Family said...

you did it!thanks for the update.

April said...

HOORAY!!! Way to go you guys!!